FantasyLitKnits


Friday, January 2, 2009
It's been a LONG time since I've blogged. So much has changed, mainly concerning my interests, well sort of. The main change I've made is my eating and exercise habits. I've lost 20-25 lbs since my last blog entry. This was spurred on when I met my now best friend, Vanessa. She encouraged me to take more control in my appearance and I'm 100x better for it. One of the most inspirational people I've ever met, I'm very very lucky that God brought her into my life.

As far as diet and exercise altering my interests, this change didn't take away my love for writing or knitting, but it added to my loves running and muay thai kickboxing. Yes that's right, I have fallen in love with fighting. I am not currently aspiring to become the next Gina Carano but I do want to be the best that I can be when it comes to the Muay Thai art form. You never know though. After some time I may find the idea of an actual fight more intriguing. I do certainly enjoy UFC fight nights.


I'm also falling in love with running. There's just something about being "that person" you see running along the road. I've worked up to about four miles right now. My ultimate goal is a marathon. It won't happen for quite some time because of time restraints when it comes to training. Right now I'm just enjoying it when I can and working up to as many miles as I can. I did my first race on October 5th and it was awesome. It was the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure and since then I have learned a lot about how devastating breast cancer can be to whole families. The pink ribbon has now become a symbol of perseverance to me now. I look at it and see both my own struggle with getting healthy and the fight to survive that so many women have been forced to endure. It truly is inspiring.

For anyone interested in losing weight and becoming more active try Sparkpeople.com. It's an amazing site, and if you join, add me! My name is Flitknit.

With all of this you would think that my New Year's resolution would be more geared towards fitness goals and more weight loss. But no, my main focus now is my inner self. I have struggled with many things my entire life and it's time for me to finally over come them. It's a very hard struggle for me, but I want to look back next year and see a big difference in how I live now and how I will be living then.

One of my biggest struggles is keeping my house clean. I am nowhere near up to par on this. I am on a constant rollercoaster of keeping the house clean for a few days and then letting it slip back into chaos. There are reasons for this that I'm working on with my therapist. I'm encouraged that I'm taking that step. I also want to really, truthfully, put effort into following flylady.com's program. It has helped so many others and I hope that I can be one of them. I think I will try posting my progress everyday on this blog. Maybe just coming here and blogging everyday is what I need to see my progress.

I want to be very open on this blog. So be prepared! A few months ago I found out that I am bipolar. It isn't a very severe case of it, but it's enough to really affect my life obviously. This is on top of finding out I have asperger's a few years ago. Knowing these two things have helped me a lot in coming to terms with my mental state. I no longer live in fear of being a complete lunatic. I have things I must deal with but I CAN deal with them. I take lexapro daily and that has made a WORLD of difference with the emotional cycling that comes with bipolar disorder. I also have multiple vitamins that very much help me. It is a very difficult thing to handle though, because many bipolar people have trouble consistently taking their meds. I can't exactly describe why this is but I definitely have trouble with it myself. I even started carrying my lexapro around in my purse so if I remember while I'm out I can take it. Speaking of which I have to go take it right now!....I just set my Iphone to alert me at 10pm everynight to take my medicine. Hopefully that makes a difference.

On a lighter note, I am still a lover of knitting! Currently I'm working on a scarf for Vanessa. She's very excited!








After this is finished I will crank out a pirate hat for my godson, Zander.









Then it's on to a year of Christmas knitting! For the past few year's I've waited much too long to get anything done in time so this year I'm doing all the stockings, ornaments, and presents I have been wanting to do for some time now. After all those are done I might as well start cutting into my sock yarn stash. I've gotten quite a few skeins since I couldn't help but buy one every time I went to Stitch 'n Bitch. how can you resist when you go to Miss V's SnB??? Sadly enough I haven't been able to go in a VERY long time. It breaks my heart but sometimes we all have to make sacrifices. Sigh.

A couple years ago I realized what it was that I wanted to do with my life. I am and always have been a writer. Okay well ever since I learned how to anyway. I have a project I've been working on for about a year and a half. It's a fantasy book series. Another one of my goals is to be more seriously working on it. I feel it's very promising and I have gotten a lot of good feedback from other fans of fantasy, so here's hoping! My ultimate plan is to work on it as much as possible until my husband finishes school. After we move and get settled (he'll be in the Air Force) I will start my search for a book agent and then hopefully really get the ball rolling with my writing career.

Ok so for now that's about it. Not that it was a short blog by any means. I feel much more focused. Blogging I know is very beneficial for many people. Perhaps it is a tool I can use in my journey towards a better, happier me.

Posted by Elyse at 4:53 PM |

0 Comments: